Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chaos Cosmetics Haul - 02/19/2013

I got my very first order with Chaos Cosmetics (their Facebook page) and I am very happy with my order.  Super fast order processing and shipping.  I ordered on Thursday and I had my order on Tuesday (Monday was a holiday too!).  Of course it didn't have to ship cross country in my case - they're in Arizona and I'm in Oregon.

I ordered 8 full sized jars (all shown below).  In my order I received all 8 jars as ordered (and filled plump full just as advertised!) as well as 7 sample baggies (very generous sized too) and one lip gloss sample in Mind = Blown).  I did not swatch the samples (except two of them) but I am anxious to try the gloss for sure.  Chaos Cosmetics makes some pretty amazing color shifting pigments and I was pleased with the shifting that I was able to capture.  It was very hard to capture with my still camera but I will try hard to do so with my video camera at my earliest opportunity and update my blog.

Now to the pictures and swatches!



All of these pigments are amazingly pigmented and gorgeous.  Applying them wet definitely makes them more vibrant and pigmented and to capture intense color shifting, you must apply them wet.  I did catch some shifting applying them dry or over top of NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk but it was not anywhere near as intense as when wet. 



And now.... to the swatch candy!!  All of the swatches were done as follows:  Top - BFTE's Liquid Luster, middle - bare skin, bottom - NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk.  Check out Courtesan!  Ahhh, I am in LOVE!!



Check out that color shifting on Mystique in particular!  I am very anxious to try out all of these colors!!


You can see some shifting but it is so very hard to pick up on the camera.  This is a very stunning color applied wet and I am so very anxious to use it!



Calypso and Alter Ego were the two samples that I just had to swatch.  These were two colors that I wished I had ordered so I was so delighted to find the very generous sample baggies in my order - definitely enough to use many times.  Calypso would be an amazing eyeliner.  These swatches were done using BFTE's Liquid Luster as a base.



All in all, I am very happy with the pigments I ordered and the samples.  I did notice that most of them rinsed off very easily without even using soap.  The green ones not as easily and over top of the NYX JEP they definitely stayed put a bit more.  I'm sure with the use of an eyeshadow primer they will stay put much easier. I will follow up on that after I've actually used them and then washed my face.  I'll update in a future blog post or video post on my YouTube channel.

You can also find me on Facebook

6 comments: