Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mon Ennui Haul #2

Today, I received my second order from Mon Ennui and I could not be happier.  Mon Ennui is a fairly new company in the Los Angeles, CA area and I see this company going places fast!  
In this order, I got several items.  I'll just go over them one at a time and post pics as I go.
Here is a photo of the whole stash!
Pigment Potion for Lips.  This is a wonderful clear gel that you apply with a brush or your fingertip to your lips.  You then can use any of your loose pigments (that are lip safe, of course) over top of that gel to crease your very own custom lip products.  I love the feel and consistency of this product.  It really makes my lips soft.  It is completely odorless and colorless.  This comes in a large 10 gram jar with a screw top lid.

I got two blushes.  Doll House and Cherry Blossom.  Doll House is a bright matte pink and Cherry Blossom is a pale pink.  Both are very pretty and I am excited to use them.  These came in large jars.  The best thing about the packaging of this blush is the size of the jar.  Each jar also comes with a sifter and there is room to swirl your brush around and tap off the extra in the lid if you wish.  This is the first mineral blush that I have found where the jar is so big for tapping your brush.  This is a very big plus for me! 




Green Eyed Monster Nano Glitter!  This came in a 10 gram jar with a sifter fully loaded with glitter.  I cannot wait to try this.  


I got six sample jars of pigment.  The sample jars are 5 gram jars with 1/4 teaspoon of pigment.  Very generous sized sample!  The sample jars do not come with a sifter.
Mystique which is a bright purple color and Lamer which is a bright teal color.  Both of these colors would work year round and are absolutely stunning. 


Next, we have Dreamcatcher and Sweet Dream.  Dreamcatcher is a minty green and Sweet Dream is a pale blue green shimmer.  When you look at the jars of pigment the colors look pretty similar but not when swatched.  You can see the difference in the swatches.


Finally, we have Heartbreaker and Cupcake Addict.  Cupcake Addict is a gorgeous pale pink shimmer.  It goes on like velvet frost!  Heartbreaker is a dark purple/eggplant sort of shade with gorgeous pink glitter/reflects in it.  It changes in intensity and shifts a bit when applied wet too. 

This last swatch here is Heartbreaker wet.  It is so pretty!



***One word of warning with the sifters ... the are known to come loose so please be very careful.  Do not use the jars like a "salt shaker" as you can lose pigment.  This is due to the jars being filled so full - I consider this a happy side effect that I am willing to work with ... I just know I have to watch out for the sifters coming loose!  You don't want to lose any of these babies!!***


The last item I ordered was Mystery Spy Pack #1.  I cannot comment on this one as us spies have been sworn to secrecy until all spies have received their packages.  Once all spy packages have been received, we will discuss them and blog about them.  I cannot wait to share with everyone what I got in mine!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment