Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow

A fellow makeup junkie and good friend, Marisa Cree, turned me on to these gems.  They are a creme shadow/base similar to MAC's paint pot for 1/3 the price.  MAC paint pots are 5 grams of product and Maybelline Color Tattoo has 4 grams of product.  Paint pots sell for about $17-$18 each and the Maybelline Color Tattoo are $6.99 (at least at my local Walgreen's that's what I paid).  Maybelline makes 10 shades but my Walgreens only had 7 and I bought all 7 of them.  I am truly glad I did ... they were buy one get the next half off!  When I left, they had one left on the shelf!  :)

My first impression is that I'm in love ... they are super pigmented and MAC does not have anything close to many of these shades.  A few standout favorites are Tough as Toupe, Pomegranite Punk, and Too Cool.  You could totally wear these by themselves with a liner and mascara and be out the door!  I put one of them on my forehand and within 10 minutes it was set and would not budge!

I can't wait to do a more in-depth review after I've had a chance to use them a bit and do some tutorials.  I am very anxious to see what these gems do with different BFTE shadows over top!!

Now for the photos!
















Now for a bit of Comparisons!!  I compared MAC's Paint Pot in Dangerous Couve with Audacious Asphault.  They are both similar grey colors but Maybelline's is definitely more pigmented








1 comment: